irq-number in interrupt handlers

Wolfram Sang wolfram at iswi.org
Sun Oct 31 11:38:41 CET 2004

Hello,

I am porting a device driver to RTAI. The driver should be able to
handle up to four devices, each assigned to its own IRQ. To distinguish
them, it would be helpful if the interrupt handler would get the current
irq-number as a parameter on startup. Now, rt_request_gloabal_irq
prototypes handlers as 'void handler(void)'. Digging in this
mailing-list-archieve I have seen people simply defining a handler like
'void handler(int irq)'. But mostly those people often wondered about
crashes :) My question is: Can I really do this 'void handler(int irq)'
or is there another way to get the current IRQ-number? I looked into
rtHOWTO and RTAI_Prog_Guide, too, but couldn't find a hint.

Best wishes

    Wolfram Sang